Monday, November 17, 2008

I love Bond movies, this is not a Bond movie!

I am a devote bond movie lover. I love the action, the story line, and character development. However, quantum of solace, had boring action scenes, a terrible story line, and cliche character development. Last night me and my bunch of buddies watched “the decaf”, “the diet” or “the zero calories” version of James Bond. James Bond without the substance of James Bond. Plus, is this really highest budgeted bond film?? are you kidding me??? You know economy is in trouble when you see a James Bond movie with:
- No transformer sports car
- No funny gadgets or a modified wrist watches
- No Miss Money penny and witty flirtatious conversation
- No Q to present the imaginative new technology, to tell you well known science fact and express his warm and fatherly concern of 007’s welfare
- No new visionary spy technology, just boring product placements for products that lack consumer luster.
- No humor, I guess the writers were on strike when the movie scenario was written.
- People left out of the movie, action scenes too fast to follow
- Special effect below mediocre with no imagination
- No dialog that you can quote and make fun with after the movie
- No catchy phrase to soften the accidental death of the villain.
I can enumerate forever the bad features of another “off-the-mill” spy movie. The movie sucks almost as “On Her Majesty’s Secret Service”. This time is not the actors, but the scenario, the bad product placements and the “stiff” dialogs.
If you want to see unbalanced movie with lots of violence, no humor or imagination go for it, spend your money on another mediocre product cranked out from a large corporation. My recommendation “wait until the movie goes on cable”.
Oh, did I mention no lasers and exotic underwater scuba scenes? I still wonder where all the money went they claim was spent.

2 comments:

IGGABYTE said...

If you think about the situation of the protagonist was put in as well as the movie's attempts at action scenes, it's actually a Bourne movie.










You can pick your jaw up now.

cacatkia™ said...

hmmm.... but i'm still a lil dissapointed with the story line..